~ Mealy Bug Garden Spray Recipe ~
None of us mind a few bugs in the garden, but when it comes to growing our own vegetables and herbs, if the numbers of mealybugs, aphids and other sucking insects become high they can pose a real problem. The following organic mealybug control method is safe, environmentally friendly and chemical free. In addition, most of these items you probably have at hand in your kitchen.
- This Spray Controls: Mealy Bugs, Aphids and Sucking Insects.
The Ingredients you will need:
- 12 garlic cloves,
- 1 quart water, (4 cups or about 950ml)
- 1 cup cooking oil.
How to Directions:
- Using an electric blender, mix the garlic cloves with half the water until smooth, then add remaining water and mix for another 30 seconds or so.
- Strain the mixture through cheesecloth, or something similar into a bowl.
- Add the cooking oil.
- Let the mixture stand to permeate together for two days before using.
- Store the organic mealybug spray in a refrigerator or freeze, for best if you use solution up within a week.
- Every couple of days spray on herbs, seedlings, fruits and vegetables.
If you are having trouble with Thrips, check out how to make organic Thrip spray here.