~Natural Glycerin Face Moisturizer Recipe for Mature Skin ~
At our Prime age we know it ladies…It’s all about hydration, hydration. hydration!
This wonderfully refreshing homemade natural face moisturizer is heavenly…especially if you have dry or mature skin. It’s super easy to make, give it a try. Your skin will love you for it!
- 1 tsp. Vegetable Glycerin
- 1/2 cup Lavender water or clean distilled water (optional: for a very dry skin substitute 1 Tbsp water for 1 Tbsp pure Aloe Vera Gel.)
- 1 tsp cold-pressed Organic Avocado oil
- 3 drops pure 100% Lavender Essential Oil
- 2 drops pure 100% Patchouli Essential Oil
- small 6 oz spray or spritzer bottle
*This recipe makes about 30 applications
- Using a small wire whisk, mix together the water and glycerin in a small glass mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the Avocado oil.
- Whisk in the pure Essential oils.
- Transfer the glycerin face moisturizer into a small spray or spritzer bottle.
- Store in a cool place in the cupboard out of direct sunlight. Use within about 1 month for maximum effectiveness. Alternately refrigerate and use within 3 months.
Like extra virgin olive oil, cold-pressed avocado oil is unrefined, retaining it’s flavor and natural goodness due to minimal processing. Avocado oil, Apricot kernel and Sweet Almond Oil are good carrier oils for mature skin. Try to use organic avocado oil is grown without the use of pesticides and fungicides. It is recommended for fine lines, wrinkles and age spots because of it’s high content of unsaponifiables (sterolins) that are responsible for softening and moisturizing the upper layer of the skin.
Find more natural Organic Facial Mask and Face Scrub Recipes here to pamper yourself!
About the Essential Oils in this Recipe
Patchouli Oil: This oil is a truly excellent oil for aging skin. Like Lavender oil, it promotes new cell growth, plus it helps smooth out the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. What’s not to like about that! Patchouli is often used in the making of cellulite creams and is fine to use on sensitive skin. Patchouli has antiseptic and anti-fungal properties. It can be helpful as a natural, home treatment for skin conditions such as acne, eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis. Patchouli oil regulates rejuvenates mature skin. and can also prevent scarring.
Lavender Oil: Lavender oil is one of the few essential oils that is safe to use undiluted on your skin. It has many uses in caring for our skin. It is used to treat acne, allergic reactions, athlete’s foot, boils, bruises, burns, dermatitis, eczema, inflammations and as an insect repellent. Although good for all skin types, it is very good for mature age skin. Lavender oil lightens the appearance of age spots, and can also aid in healing. It is a skin cell re-generator so this makes it ideal for our dry, mature skin as we age. I love it and its one of my favorite oils I always have in the cupboard. We need to look after our skin both inside and out to truly have an anti-ageing effect.