This “breathe easy” nose unblock remedy is an simple oil infusion to unblock a stuffy nose and soothe cold symptoms. Simply take a bath and add this mix to the hot water for cold and sinus relief.
It can be used in the bath or with a steam inhalation.
20 Second Sinus Massage
In addition, give yourself a quick massage to help relieve and clear the sinuses by:
1. Placing your tongue on the roof of your mouth.
at the same time;
2. Place your thumbs in between your eyebrows, applying gentle pressure and rub in small circles to massage. Repeat for 20 seconds. You should feel a “loosening” sensation and be able to breathe easier. Comment below and let us know how you did.
Breathe Easy Menthol Recipe
You can swap the ratio of essential oils around if you particularly don’t like the smell of one.
- 6 drops Pure Peppermint Oil
- 6 drops Pure Rosemary
- 6 drops Pure Eucalyptus
- 6 drops Pure Lavender Oil
- 6 drops of Pure Vanilla Oil (or Pure Lemon Oil)
- 3 tsp Almond Oil (or Avocado or Olive Oil)
- Mix together in a glass bottle of bowl, store in dark colored bottle in a dark place. This makes about 10ml.
Run a warm to hot bath to encourage steam, pour 1 – 2 tsps of the oil mix into your bath water and immediately get in. Inhale through your nose as much as possible to help the unblocking process.
*Remember to add the Breath Easy oil blend to your bath water just before you get in. This way the essential oils won’t evaporate as quickly and lose their therapeutic value too soon.
- Keep the doors and windows closed to keep drafts out of the bathroom. This will ensure you get the best out of the essential oil’s natural aromas.
- Keep oils/water away from eyes.
- Bathe for up to 20 minutes. staying in the tub longer may dry out your skin.
- Don’t take a bath on a full stomach straight after dinner as this may irritate the digestive system.
Note: Rosemary, fennel, sage, eucalyptus, hyssop, camphor and spike lavender (Portuguese lavender) are not recommended as essential oils if you have epilepsy. This is because these essential oils may trigger seizures in some people with epilepsy. Always dilute essential oils to prevent burning of the skin. Pregnant women should consult their herbalist as to which oils are safe to use.
You can also watch a Youtube video how a sinus massage is done here.
I do my own sinus face massage while in the bath.