Frankincense resin is steam-distilled to produce an aromatic essential oil with many benefits. It has an earthy, spicy aroma which is calming and relaxing. Studies have been proving that Frankincense has strong anti-inflammatory properties useful in the treatment of arthritis. Today Frankincense uses and benefits are numerous, mainly for health and pain relief as you will learn below.
The Power of Frankincense Oil
Steam inhalations are excellent for calming effect, or treating cold symptoms.
The oil can be applied topically to the arthritic area diluted with a little olive oil or coconut oil, or One drop of Frankincense essential oil can be added to a bottle of water to sip throughout the day. Some people like to simply place a drop on the back of their neck.
Frankincense Uses and Benefits Today
- Frankincense is a product of the Boswellia trees that grow in certain regions of India, Africa and Arabia.
- Frankincense oil is often used to relieve stress.
- Frankincense is a powerful anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and disinfectant.
- Frankincense oil can be used as a digestive aid.
- Cardiff University and others studies have found Frankincense useful in the treatment and pain of arthritis. Read more about the Serrata variety here at the Daily Mail
- Frankincense has reportedly been effective in removing warts!
- Use Frankincense as a steam inhalation to reduce cold symptoms.
Grab the Frankincense Uses and Benefits Infographic below.